Jan Bobbett and Mary Kenny
Did you know that a New Adventures in Learning (NA) membership provides benefits that reach beyond the opportunity to take a class, participate in a roundtable discussion, or enjoy a sponsored field trip?
Let’s start with the basics of NA membership:
* A large variety of classes offered throughout the year during three semesters
* Classes held in one convenient location
* Classrooms with state-of-the-art technology
* Lots of free parking just steps from the front door
* New member meet-and-greet events
* Informative and timely electronic communication, including newsletters, updates, bulletins, and class reminders
* Volunteer opportunities
* Free Chandler-Gilbert Community College Student ID card
In addition to all the benefits related to classes, there is so much more!
You also receive discounts and opportunities, because your NA membership enrolls you automatically as a student of Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC), which is part of the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD).
You can take advantage of all the college benefits available to you as a CGCC student, including:
* Access to MCCCD libraries, online services, and electronic resources
* Student prices at any of the MCCCD bookstores on books, software, and other items
* Free Microsoft Office 365 software
* Senior tuition rate at a 50% discount
* Free Amazon Prime shipping when you use your student email address
* Access to the Coyote Fitness Center (Pecos campus) for $25 per semester
* Student prices at the Arnette Ward Performing Art Center (Pecos campus)
* Student prices at MCCCD athletic games and sports programs
* Planetarium programs at the Mesa Community College’s Dobson campus
Your CGCC student ID card also allows you to take advantage of excellent student discounts and special student ticket pricing at a variety of entertainment and cultural activities. So, don’t forget to ask for student discounts, which often are better than senior discounts, when purchasing tickets or attending any event. A sample of area establishments where student discounts are less than senior discounts includes the Phoenix Art Museum, Heard Museum, and Desert Botanical Garden.
To begin enjoying all of the benefits of a New Adventures membership, start by calling us at 480-857-5500. You may also visit the Sun Lakes Center’s front desk on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays to become a member and get your CGCC student number. With that number, you then will be able to visit the CGCC Pecos campus to get your student identification card.
Don’t wait! There are still interesting classes starting in December, including Gene Lariviere’s “The Pentagon Papers 50 Years Later” and Rob Truman’s “Cutting the Cord—Alternatives to Cable TV.”