As homeowners are returning and renters are arriving, the ACC Committee would like to remind you of the following excerpt from the ACC Guidelines. Highlighted are the most frequent violations. Carport clutter is very common this time of year. Please do not make your carport a second living room. This also has been a very bad year for weeds with all of the rain we have had. Please remember the fine schedule for weeds has gotten much more stringent with the new fine schedule. If you receive three letters in a 12-month period, you will automatically be fined $50.00 for every offense within that 12-month period for repeat offenders.
Just as a reminder, listed below is an excerpt from the ACC guidelines.
NONE OF THE FOLLOWING ARE ACCEPTABLE WITHIN SUNBIRD:
1. Sunroofs, observation decks and exterior staircases to roofs
2. Second floor additions
3. Outside clotheslines and other outside drying/airing actions
4. No major appliances, including small refrigerators, can be used or stored in carports and patios.
5. No scooters, bicycles, household items or household furniture can be stored on front patios, walkways or carports.
6. All cleaning, garden, construction equipment cannot be stored outside if visible to adjacent neighbors and from surrounding streets.
7. Mirrored, aluminum foil, cardboard, paper, etc., cannot be used as window covers.
8. Covered storage of a vehicle on a driveway. Covered storage is allowed in a carport.
9. Can only use antennas mandated by the FCC (e.g., satellite dish)
10. Fronts and sides and back yards should always be free of weeds, dead and dying plants and trees, and bushes, and other trash and debris deemed to be a nuisance.
Another reminder would be that there is no parking of vehicles or golf carts on rocks. According to the Rules & Regulations, Article II, Section 2-H:
Vehicles or golf carts are not to be parked on the unpaved portion of any homeowner lot. The area must be paved specifically for parking. Any vehicle or golf cart parked in the driveway must not extend into the roadway.
ACC guidelines are revised from time to time. The most current ACC Guidelines are on the SunBirdhoa.com website under documents. You can also pick up a copy at the HOA Office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping SunBird a beautiful place to live.