It’s March, and we are now on our spring schedule. Starting time for all shotgun starts will now be 8:00 a.m. Morning tee times will also begin at 8:00 a.m. Afternoon tee times will begin at noon. Hours for the Pro Shop will be from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Call-in for tee times will now start at 7:00 a.m.
March is a very busy month, so here is a schedule of events that are taking place at the SunBird Golf Club:
* Couples gross shootout – Sunday, March 4, 2:00 p.m.
* Men’s gross shootout – Sunday, March 11, 2:00 p.m.
* Greenskeeper Tournament – Saturday, March 10, 8:00 a.m. shotgun start
* Canadian Tournament – Sunday, March 18, noon shotgun start
* Conley Cup – March 23, 24 and 25
* Howl at the Moon Tournament, night tournament – March 31
Just a reminder about who can be on the golf course: The golf course is for golfers. Please observe the signs on the golf course that say, “Private property for golfers only.” Residents and guests should not be using the cart paths for their daily walk or their walk with their pets.
For the golfers, the 90-degree rule is in effect year-round. Please observe this rule and try to use the cart path as much as possible. For the golfers who have handicap flags, that flag does not give you the right to drive anywhere you please. We have had many complaints about those who use the handicap flags and don’t pay any attention to the 90-degree rule, and also some are parking right next to the greens and not staying in the second cut away from the green. This should be between 10 to 15 feet. We ask that you use common sense when driving on the course.
Special thanks to the following:
* Marci Hogan and Jackie Huyghebaert for their three years of service on the Board of Directors of the SunBird Golf Club
* Gary Hall and Dave White for their excellent job of running the Founders Tournament on January 27 – great tournament and lots of fun for all.
* Norm Ott for his years as Chairman of the Adopt a Hole program, a great job, and we welcome John Valentine as the new chairman.
* Jean Boddington for the donation of her Membership Certificate in the SunBird Golf Club back to the club.
Happy golfing, everyone!