A new, free event is starting! Thursday Throwdown is a once-a-week competitive water volleyball game in the evening from 6:30 to 8 p.m. A trial run has been completed, and 18 players shared in laughter, competition, and fun!
This game is designed for competitive play, with some rule changes from our friendly daily game at noon. We can hit hard, spike, and volley and still laugh while we do it! There were a lot of spectators on Thursday who also enjoyed the game.
If you want to play, come to the pool on Thursday by 6:15 p.m. so you can read the rules and sign the waiver. Play will start at 6:30 p.m. and go until 8 p.m. There is still some sunshine at that time, so wear your sunglasses and a hat!
The general rules:
• This is competitive play.
• Do not show up under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• Avoid overtly aggressive play.
• You may tap the ball twice, but no catching and throwing the ball.
• Boundary calls are made by the players closest to the ball.
• All players will switch sides after each game.
Think it might be for you? If you have questions about the game, call Deb at 320-420-1622.