Brendan Waddell, Superintendent
Happy fourth of July, and with that comes higher temperatures and dryer air. This summer will be somewhat challenging due to our pump station issue. We can only put out so much water at night, around 50% of what we usually put out. At this point, we are focusing on greens, tees, and fairways. The perimeters and rough are watering, but not as much as those other areas.
The new pump station went into the manufacturing stage on June 5. Once it is completed, we will schedule delivery and installation and get back to normal watering and a greener course. If you get the Monday eblast, look for updates on this subject as well as other things we are doing on the course.
Here are the dates of planned projects:
* July 5: Aerifying the front nine greens
* July 6: Aerifying the back nine greens
* July 12: We start aerifying the course, start on the back nine, then move to the front nine. This should last a week or so.
* Oct. 4: Pre-prep for overseed. The course remains open during this time.
* Oct. 9: The last day of play before we close.
* Oct. 10: Closed for overseed. Please refrain from driving on the course.
We have not decided on our opening date yet, but will keep you posted. Enjoy your summer and be safe!