Duane Dub, Vice President, SunBird Golf Club
As our members know, the SunBird Golf Club (SBGC) Board has made some significant changes in the last year. We acquired a skilled groundskeeper (Superintendent Brendan Waddell) and Pro Shop manager (Laurie Moore), reinvigorated our communications with the Monday Morning Blast (Christina Riley), ramped up our marketing and golf specials, and are collaborating more closely with our HOA and the Horizon Room. These and other changes are all designed to strengthen our position in the marketplace, enhance our product offering, grow membership and annual sales, increase play from non-residents, and market SunBird Golf Club as the “Diamond in the Rough in the East Valley.”
Another significant change in process is the conversion to GolfNow’s EZLink operating system for the pro shop. This new software, which launched in August, enables both members and the public to book tee times and pay for them online at the SBGC website (sunbirdgolf.com). With any new system, there is change and challenges as we work out the kinks. We appreciate your ongoing patience.
We have the following improvements rolling out over the next few months:
* The ability to pay member dues online
* A stronger connection with GolfNow enabling tee time reservations
* Confirmation emails sent out as reminders of your tee time reservations
* Photo identification and verification in the pro shop to help assure accuracy in reservations and billings
* The introduction of course conditions (frost) delay email notifications to supplement the phone line
* Additional opportunities for golf lessons, clinics, and instructions
* An expanded selection of sportswear, including pickleball and tennis products and accessories
* Online ordering via www.sunbirdgolf.com merchandise and gift card
Additionally, the SunBird Golf Club website has also been refreshed with a new look, new colors and photos, and great new content. Check it out at www.sunbirdgolf.com.
We are also pleased to report that with the conversion to the EZLinks operating system, the Golf Club received free computers, monitors, and credit card readers, enabling smoother and faster processing.