Below are a number of the more notable issues discussed in the December Executive Committee meeting:
1. The golf course, as usual, would like our help in communicating, as well as practicing good golf etiquette as it relates to pace of play, repairing tee box, fairway and rough divots, and greenside ball marks.
2. There is an existing policy regarding qualifications for men to play from the forward (red) tees. A player can play the forward tees in Men’s League as well as any other SunBird tournaments, shootouts, etc., once that player reaches the age of 80. Once a player decides to move to the forward tees, they must play those tees for the remainder of the season—they cannot move back and forth between the white and red tees.
3. The Men’s Net shootout qualifier dates this season are Jan. 14 (first) and Jan. 28 (second), 2021. The Net shootout is Jan. 24, at 1:30 p.m.
4. The Gross shootout qualifier dates are Jan. 28 and Feb. 11. The Gross shootout is Feb. 21, at 2 p.m.
Side note: for those of you who are aware that some of our past years’ A+ golfers have moved away from SunBird over the summer, don’t start thinking it will now be easier to place in this year’s Gross shootout—there is new talent this season that is just as good as the golfers that moved!
5. Although originally planned, SunBird will not be hosting any home and home tournaments this season due to the ongoing COVID issue—hopefully, next season!