Leo Buries, Jean Pritchard, Gordon Lee, General Manager Layne Varney and Horizon Room Food and Beverage Director Julie Mathis met on April 28.
Horizon Room Vision Statement: To provide residents with a social gathering place to enjoy a resort lifestyle atmosphere that offers high quality food and beverages. All food and beverages will be served by well-trained employees who provide outstanding customer service.
A brief summary of some of the goals:
1. Provide residents with a social gathering place to enjoy a resort lifestyle atmosphere that offers high quality food and beverages. Result: There has been increased activity in this area. These results have been well received.
2. Develop a job description for the director. Result: This has been accomplished with Julie Mathis being hired.
3. Institute a Point of Sales (POS) System for tracking sales, labor and inventory. This remains a work in process.
1. Develop a management team that can implement the committee goals. Result: Key personnel have been put in place to address the requirement of the department.
2. Develop policies and job descriptions for each position. Result: This is a work in progress.
3. Determine any modifications to the existing kitchen to implement the goals. Result: There has been equipment added, along with modifications being made to enhance the food service operations. This is a work in progress.
4. Develop menu and pricing to meet established goals. Result: Menus have been changed to appeal to existing and new market segments and will continually be looked at.
5. Analyze each event and make recommendations as to how they can be improved or changed. Result: The financial statement and POS System are management tools that reflect the overall operations and management is to determine if analysis of each event is warranted.
Committee Goals (long term)
Develop a marketing plan and committee that will support the established goals. Result: Based upon the current results, it is apparent that sales have increased which can be attributed to individual and group events.