Election dates have been scheduled for 2022:
Aug. 2: State Primary Election
Nov. 8: State General Election
March 8 and May 17 are for select local jurisdictions. As of this publication, Chandler does not have anything scheduled, but that could change. Chandler’s mayor will be voted on in November.
Political Signage in SunBird:
1. Political signs, as enacted by Arizona State Laws (ARS33-1808, Section C), may be displayed in or on a homeowner’s property. No ACC permit is required.
2. Political signs include yard signs, banners, flags, window displays, or any type of political candidate advertisement.
3. In regards to the Primary Elections on Aug. 2, signs may go up no sooner than 71 days, or on May 23. If a candidate in a Primary Election does not advance to the General Election, his/her sign(s) must be taken down no later than 15 days after the date of the Primary Election. If the candidate advances to the General Election, his/her sign(s) may remain on display but must be down within 15 days after the date of the General Election.
4. In regards to the General Elections on Nov. 8, signs may go up no sooner than 71 days, or Aug. 30. The signs must be down no later than 15 days after the date of the General Election.
5. Political signs must be in good taste with no offensive language. These signs may not exceed an aggregate total dimension of 16 square feet per lot, as required by state law.