Wendy Weber, Lifestyle Director
I know you are all probably anxiously waiting for the fun to start up again in SunBird. Believe me, so am I! I get asked almost daily when we can start having activities and events again; my hope is soon. Currently, our main focus is trying to keep SunBird as safe as we possibly can. With that being said, we have refrained from hosting any events or activities, with the exception of the Fourth of July Flag Raising Ceremony (socially distanced outside). SunBird has been closely following the recommendations from the CDC, state, and local authorities in regards to large gatherings. Currently (effective July 9, 2020), per Governor Ducey’s Executive Order, SunBird is not permitted to host any events with more than 50 participants. We are hoping the spread of this virus slows down, and we will be able to slowly start introducing events back into SunBird. When that time comes, we know we will not be able to accommodate as many people; the set-ups are going to be quite different than they have been in the past, as we will have to practice social distancing and follow other required guidelines. Below is a list of upcoming TAD shows that we have previously scheduled and hopefully can all look forward to. Be safe, stay healthy, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
* Friday, Oct. 23: Rock Me Gently (the very best ‘70s singer/songwriters)
* Tuesday, Nov. 17: Voyager (Journey)
* Tuesday, Dec. 15: So This is Christmas–American Idol Edition!
* Saturday, Jan. 9: Saturday Night Fever (Bee Gees)
* Tuesday, Feb. 16: O Canada! (Celine Dion, Michael Bublé, Shania Twain, Bryan Adams, Joni Mitchell, and Paul Anka)
* Tuesday, March 16: One of These Nights (Eagles)
* Tuesday, April 13: Diamond Rocks (Neil Diamond)
* Friday, May 7: Studio 54 (The Disco Explosion)
* Friday, Oct. 15: Motown Magic (The Temptations)
* Saturday, Nov. 13: Ultimate Chicago (Chicago)
* Tuesday, Dec. 14: Aretha – The Queen of Soul