The Board of Directors had a business meeting in October, and the following are notes from this meeting.
Members Present: Gordon Lee, Dee Brown-Knoeppel, Don Calvert, Nancy Eckstein, Shirley Clark, Pat McGonegle, Chuck Warren, Layne Varney
President Gordon Lee called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
Minutes reviewed from previous meetings and which were approved. Treasurer’s Report was given by Nancy Eckstein. Manager’s Report was given by Layne Varney.
Committee Liaison Reports by Board of Directors:
1) Going Green Committee – Shirley Clark reported committee met on October 5, 2017; looking for new members; plans for March paper shredding day; the textile bin helps generate money for the Committee; reminder that clubhouse utilities are costly; when done using activity rooms, please remember to turn off lights and adjust the thermostat; please do not use handicapped doors if not needed.
2) Rules Committee – Don Calvert reported committee met on October 2, 2017; guest speaker from Chandler Code Enforcement Division regarding signage issue; discussion on open house signs; facility usage; joint meeting in the future between Rules Committee and Board regarding facility usage; next meeting will be Monday, November 6, 2017.
3) Projects Review Committee – Delores Brown-Knoeppel reported committee met on October 1, 2017; 11 homes sold in September with a total of 82 this year; discussion on ballroom/patio walkway; restroom remodel; Sunrise Court shade is not feasible; memorial wall aluminum panel; pickleball and tennis groups working side-by-side; bocce ball rules are being worked on; kitchen remodel; activity room scheduling; kitchen addition; elevator; next meeting November 2, 2017.
4) ACC Committee – Pat McGonegle reported committee met on October 12, 2017; committee will meet twice a month until May; 37 ACC permits were approved during the first two weeks of October; reminder that any work done outside of the home needs a permit; residents asked to look at the outside of their homes to see if updating needs to be done; next meeting will be October 26, 2017.
5) Marketing Committee – Chuck Warren reported committee will meet on Wednesday, October 25, 2017; new homeowner’s breakfast orientation will be held October 30, 2017, at 8:30 a.m.in the Horizon Room.
6) Finance Committee – Nancy Eckstein reported committee met on October 3, 2017; August financials; Horizon Room budget; financing of room addition.
7) HOA/Golf Club Committee – Gordon Lee reported no meeting held in October; meeting scheduled for November.
Election Committee Report by Barbara Ott. Three positions are open for the Board of Directors with seven candidates; Thursday, November 2, 2017, ballots will be prepared for mailing; Monday, November 6, 2017, ballots will be mailed; Friday, December 15, 2017, last day t.ote; Monday, December 18, 2017.otes tallied. Don Calvert made a motion to put all seven candidates on the ballot. Motion carried.
Rules Compliance Committee made a recommendation to approve revisions to Open House and Estate Sale signs. Don Calvert made a motion to chang.erbiage to make Open House and Estate Sale signs be in compliance with the City of Chandler. Motion carried.
Food & Beverage Committee Report by Nancy Eckstein. Over 100 people in attendance at a meeting with the Maricopa County Environmental Services Health Specialist representative who presented information regarding Food and Beverage rules.
2018 Final Budget presentation by Layne Varney. 2108 budget maintains the annual assessments at the same amount of $920. Chuck Warren made a motion to approve the 2018 final budget. Motion carried.
Book of Governance was reviewed by the Board of Directors for updating. Shirley Clark made a motion to accept the changes to the Book of Governance. Motion carried.
Comments of concern made concerning short-term rental homes. Rental Home Restriction Study is necessary for future discussion and consideration.
Kare Bears requested an additional banner sign to be displayed the week of Faires.
Don Calvert made a motion to approve a banner sign to advertise Kare Bear Faire. Motion carried.
Comment Sheets – Layne Varney
Homeowner/Board of Director Comments
Gordon Lee adjourned the meeting at 11:55 a.m.
Next Board meetings will be an Agenda Planning and Business Meetings combined for Monday, December 11, at 10:00 a.m. in the ballroom.
All are welcome to attend.