Computer Booters has moved its meeting day. Due to unexpected conflicts, we had to move to the first Wednesday of each month from September through May. At 6:00 p.m., we have cookies and coffee. At 6:00 p.m., our technical director, Allan Levy, runs a free one-on-one computer clinic. Come and get your computer questions answered. Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Sun Lakes Country Club’s Navajo Room, 25601 Sun Lakes Blvd.
At 6:00 p.m., coffee and cookies were served. The computer clinic, run by Allan Levy, technical director, answered questions from users.
At our October meeting, Justin Sulhoff of Optiv Security spoke on “Secure Online for Seniors.” (That BE us!) Justin discussed current computer dangers. The online world can be a scary place. There was a question and answer period following. It’s so to our advantage to keep abreast of computer dangers so we may safeguard against them. Optiv is an advanced, trusted partner for cyber security solutions. It’s speakers like these men who give their time and share their knowledge about computing skills that helps us, the audience, to learn, understand and use our devices more easily and adventitiously. They are a fun and informative team, and it would be a shame to miss out on what they have to present and offer. Come and see for yourself.
Next month, we have a special presentation on Digital Photography from our own Camera Club. Come and learn from the expert.
Workshops start October 3. To enroll and secure a spot, call or email Bill Phillip, workshop director, at 480-895-8178 or email@example.com.
* October 10 and 17 (Wednesdays)6:30 p.m. – Be Safe at Home on the Internet by Allan Levy, Ceramics Room, Cottonwood Country Club
* October 24 and 31 (Wednesdays) 6:30 p.m. – Using Windows 10 by Allan Levy, Ceramics Room, Cottonwood Country Club
November 14 and 28 eBay by Alan Behr, Ceramics Room, Cottonwood Country Club
1. Do not update to the latest version of Windows 10, the October update. Microsoft has withdrawn it, as it may delete users’ files.
2. If you have an iPhone 6 or newer, Apple will replace your battery for a discounted price. The price for replacing the battery of most recent iPhones that are out of warranty will jump from $29 to $49 starting January 1 for older iPhones and from $29 to $69 for the iPhone X. A new battery may speed up older iPhones up to 20%, since Apple will slow down an iPhone to avoid stressing the battery.
The purpose of the Computer Booters organization is as follows:
* To encourage and assist in the dissemination to its members and others of general knowledge concerning computers and their utilization.
* To facilitate the exchange of information among members about all brands of personal computers, related hardware and software products and techniques for their utilization.
* To provide a forum for members where they may share their knowledge with others and seek help in solving specific problems with their computer equipment and applications.
* November 14, Wednesday – SunBird Golf Resort, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Membership is $36 per year for singles and $48 per year for two members at the same address.
Come Join In – Become a Member – All are Welcome.