At the February meeting called to order at 6:13 p.m., we reviewed the Treasurer’s Report that showed us that the club has a balance of $3,524.38. The Election Committee read for the first time the candidates for offices for next year. They are President Frank Nechvatal, Vice President Elissa Romano, Treasurer Pauline Sciaretta, Secretary??? Birthdays and anniversaries for February were recognized. Bob Sciaretta, the membership chair, requested that any outstanding dues be paid by the March meeting. He also reminded us that the dues for the 2018-2019 year will be collected at the April Patio meeting. Plans for the February 13 Luncheon were reviewed.
The Luncheon was attended by 25 members at Fiesta Mexicana. The food was excellent, and everyone appreciated the chocolate lips (kisses) that Chris Nechvatal placed on the tables. Our thanks to Chris for planning a great outing!
The raffle had two winners, Mary Lacy and Mary McMullen. For the shirt and name tag drawing, $10 went to Eileen Chick.
A video on Italian immigration was shown to end the evening. The fourth and last video was shown at the March meeting.
Remember the April 3 Patio Potluck meeting to start at 6:00 p.m.
News for next year – We will be moving our monthly meetings to the second Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. in the Lakeview Room.
Here are five more fun facts about Italy:
1. Italy is the home to the oldest university, the University of Bologne, founded in 1088.
2. Italy has more masterpieces per square mile than any other country in the world.
3. Ballet originated in Italy during the 15th century. Catherine de Medici introduced it to France later on.
4. In 1948, Roy Jacuzzi invented the Jacuzzi to help his son who suffered from rheumatoid arthritis.
5. In 1698, Bartolomeo Cristofori invented the piano. Other instruments invented in Italy include the violin, the guitar and the organ.
Until later, Ciao.