Haircare is a very important part of our daily self-care routines. And that care is different for each of us. Many of us experience problems with our hair as we age. Hair growth, hair texture, loss of hair, and dandruff are just a few. Hair conditions can be unsightly, uncomfortable, or even painful. Since many hair conditions are an outward reflection of other imbalances going on inside the body, it is important to focus on detoxing, cleansing, and supplementing vital nutrition to the cells and internal organs, in addition to essential oil applications that can easily target the area of concern.
Natural solutions are very effective and can be used as a first line of defense toward various hair problems.
Secrets to strong and healthy hair:
1. Comb from the bottom up. Start at the ends of your hair and work your way to the roots to prevent hair breakage.
2. A regular scalp massage increases circulation and can help with fatigue and stress. Gently massage a few drops of fractionated coconut oil into your scalp. Add a few drops of lavender, peppermint, or tea tree essential oil for an aromatic experience. You can also add a few drops to your shampoo for a soothing, in-shower scalp treatment. Add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo to help rid yourself of dandruff.
3. Blow dry with low heat to minimize damage.
4. Rinse with cold water. Warm water opens a hair’s cuticles. Cold water helps to close the cuticle and seal moisture in, which helps your hair look shiny and healthy.
5. Use essential oils. When added to your regular haircare routine, essential oils can work wonders on your hair and scalp. Some essential oils for beautiful hair and a healthy scalp are geranium, rosemary, clary sage, ylang ylang, jasmine, sandalwood, melaleuca, peppermint, and roman chamomile.
To learn more about using essential oils for healthy hair, join me for a class where I will introduce you to the amazing benefits of essential oils. Contact me for a sample of an oil to help you with your hair care. Then, join me for an online Intro to Oils class. Classes are scheduled every Tuesday night—May 4, May 11, May 17, May 24, and May 31 at 5 p.m. via Zoom. For those of you who prefer a one-on-one class, that can be scheduled to your convenience.
To register for a class or request a sample, please contact JoAnne Gaudioso by phone or text at 480-225-5224 or by email at [email protected]